When Leaders Fall
Moral failures seem to be common today; this is a serious issue.
Boundaries in your life are important.
We need to keep in mind that all people are broken in some way. We all make mistakes & we all will fall short.
How an organization deals with broken relationships and mistakes is a core aspect of an organization.
We need to ask the question “How does this happen happen?” more. Sharing inappropriate feelings towards someone with that person does not help – don’t share them.
5 Rs for Resisting Temptation towards activities that would damage relationships.
1. Remember who you are – think of all the relationships.
2. Recognize the results of your actions – who will be hurt? What is the worse possible outcome?
3. Rededicate yourself to your core beliefs/God/faith
4. Reveal your struggle to a trusted friend – ask for accountability
5. Remove yourself from the situation
Leaders are held to higher standards.