Here is the body of an email I received today:
The 2009 Pumpkin Carve will be held this Saturday, October 17 from 2:00-4:00 pm in our commons area. Please make arrangements to attend this wonderful event.
I would also encourage you to read the new info on our website.
This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may be privileged and confidential.
Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive This e-mail in error, please advise immediately and delete the original message.
This message may have been altered without your or our knowledge and the sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the message.
Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L’expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s’y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu’il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m’en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.
Now, here is all the dumb stuff in this email off the top of my head:
- this is for an email in 4 days, that is good, but is the first I have heard of it … why not email or post earlier?
- there is no link to the email <— huge, what are you thinking? Check the site and not include a link to the site?
- there is no person to contact for additional info
- it’s a one off email, this is not that bad with how few emails they send out, but could be huge, and minimum is a missed opportunity
- the email address is not from the domain name
- the email address cannot be replyed to
- There is *NO* way within the email to contact anyone at the org … this might even be illigal
- there is no way to stop the emails form this org — again, might be illigal
now some of these issues don’t look huge, and if this was a one time event it would not be, but every email from this org is the same … blah blah blah, check the website with no link to the website.