In January 2013, I set out with three foci beyond taking care of my family:
- An Obstacle Course Race – 5k Foam Fest done
- Learn Spanish – a good bit done
- Business Project – ended the 6 months on a high note.
Now that we in the second half of 2013 – I have a slightly new heading
- Prep to run a 10k & do at least one more Obstacle Course Race
- Continue to learn Spanish & put more emphasis on it
- Improve the skills I need to better serve my clients
- Build a B2B business focused on Real Estate Investors
1. Prep to run a 10k & do at least one more Obstacle Course Race
Both have much more interesting obstacles than the events I have been doing .
I’ll also want to do them with a team.
Today I sarted a FREE 4 day per week training for a 10k that will be finished in mid September through MiCoach.com
2. Continue to learn Spanish & put more emphasis on it
For the past two months, maybe three, this has sorta been at a stop.
Now that The Foundation, a course I was going through, ended and this past month had a major project, I intend to work more.
I’m at a point where when I see Spanish I can generally grasp a good bit of it. Spelling is easier though hearing it is still rough for me.
3. Improve the skills I need to better serve my clients
I think back to Jim Collins’ wonderful book Good To Great. The first chapter is titled First Who; Then What. Well I am working on getting some more who’s, improving my skills as a project manager, recruiter, and hirer … along with Marketing/Sales/Copy Writing skills.
4. Build a B2B business focused on Real Estate Investors
I’m committed to helping the Real Estate Investor (REI) market.
REIs do a wonderful job solving problems and improving our society.
This is the practical application part of focus 3.
What About You?
Now is as good a time as any to set your focus for a period of time & see what you can do.
You will always achieve more my setting a high goal, and committing to achieving it.