The days were long, but the week was short.
The past 7 days passed in a blur. Major highlights include:
- first long distance trip with the babies
- three days I managed to go on multi-mile walks with camera & take pix
- seeing some family that we rarely get to see
- coaching clients & content production that will help even more people
RSS Bankruptcy – I did not intend to file RSS Bankruptcy, a term for marking everything in your RSS reader as read. I actually was down to around 400 unread messages & was pretty happy with it. Not all the posts represented time I really needed to spend digesting, it was sorta a “to do list” for podcasts I wanted to listen do & articles to digest. However, somehow it happened & now I am facing a “what to do now” moment.
Sabbath – a Sabbath, to me, is a day of rest & “intentionally disrupting your routine”. Ideally this happens weekly, where you take a day to recharge in whatever manner fits you. I’m not great at that pattern, but I guess I have managed to recharge a little this week and two things are more clear:
- I need to do a better job at having a planned sabbath in my weeks
- I need to focus on my basics & eliminate some “good” stuff, where I can do more that is “great”
I updated facebook & tweeted these two out. I have also written an article that needs a little more editing, but these were two big thoughts this week:
If you automatically think of wealth/money as evil, you will either do evil or be poor.
I want to thank my parents (and theirs) for emphasizing travel, camps & life experiences and provided me with much of each while growing up.
– release 2 shows
Cube15 – Need A Vacation? – inspiration to build a business, not a job
Cube16 – Getting Approved To Build Your Dream – ideas on influencing people
– produced more – we are getting closer to my goal of having at least a week of the audio parts of an episode done at any time. This will give me more time to focus on other things, like my response to the episodes.
– some words & plans were done on the eBook
The eBook is a guide to setting up websites. I really want to have everything done by the 20th. That gives me about 2 weeks.
Jonathan Nation . Com
– wrote a little, did not “ship” …. writing is good, but shipping is what really is success.
– post a pix in [Best Shot] series
Family – time spent this is good
– Produce 3 to 4 episodes
– Release 2 episodes
– Release an article, probably on social media networks (what you should be on) – missed last week goal
– keep writing on the ebook – have first draft done, if not all text.
– figure out next phase of AllyNaiton website (this was WordPress 3.1 dependant)
Me & Family
– adjust the RSS subscriptions I have – focusing more on my goals and less on my hobbies
– get Will and other legal documents done/notarised
– have some traveling and family time here this week too
Looking at the calendar I can just see “lots of time with the babies”. This can translate into a good amount of audiobooks and podcasts. One thing I am going for is less on my to do lists, but more focused to do lists also, where when I reach the goals they are more important to me. That really is helping more people to achieve their dreams that include solving public problems as a private person, group, organization, or business.